On Sunday, May 23, 2021, 3:00 PM, at Rainbow Temple, True Buddha School Dharma King Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu will preside over a Padmakumara Homa Ceremony , discourse Lamdre, and bestow empowerment for Root Guru (Padmakumara) Yoga. (Live Webcast Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLl20r-KQlapX_5fT-N3cOw)
【Padmakumara Mudra :】
Place the right hand before the right side of the chest with the palm facing outward and fingers together, pointed up. Now bend the thumb and middle finger so that their tips meet, forming a circle. (This is the Dharma-teaching Mudra.)Place the left hand before the left side of the chest, with the palm facing inward and fingers together, pointed up. Now bend the thumb and index finger so that their tips meet, forming a circle. Then bend the middle and ring finger in to touch the center of the palm. The little finger remains pointed up. (This is the Lotus-holding Mudra.)
【Padmakumara Seed Syllable :】
【Padmakumara Mantra :】
Long Mantra: 「Om。ah。hum。 gu-ru-bei。ah-ha-sa-sa-ma-ha。lian-sheng。sid-dhi。hum」
Short Mantra:「Om。 gu-ru。lian-sheng。sid-dhi。hum。」
【Padmakumara Dharmalakṣaṇa Brief Introduction】
Padmakumara (Lotus Youth) wears a jeweled Five-buddha Crown (dharma king crown.) His right hand presents the Dharma-teaching Mudra while his left hand forms the Lotus-holding Mudra. He is smiling and sitting majestically in the vajra position on a great white lotus throne. He appears majestic and dignified and his body radiates the brilliance of hundreds of jewels.
【Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu Dharma Talk - Padmakumara Background and Key Cultivation Formula】
''Lotus'' rising uncontaminated from filthy mud, represents purity.
''Youth'' represents innocence and the purity of the dharma body.
At the age of 26, Golden Mother of the Jade Pond opened the divine eye of Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu. On that same night, his spirit traveled out of his body to the Western Pure Land of Ultimate Bliss where he saw the brilliant and splendid White Maha Padmakumara and heard a voice in his ear saying: You are the return of White Maha Padmakumara.
Padmakumara is a 13th stage buddha. His origin is Mahavairocana Buddha. Since Buddha Locana and Mahavairocana Buddha are together, the eyes of Buddha Locana transformed into Maha Twin Lotus Ponds. The primary deity of the Western Pure Land of Ultimate Bliss is Amitabha Buddha. Padmakumara is the primary deity of Maha Twin Lotus Ponds. Amitabha Buddha transformed into Padmakumara, and Padmakumara emanated Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu.
White Padmakumara is an emanation of All Buddha Eyes Great Vajra Auspicious Heart Deity of All Buddha Mothers whereas Buddha Locana is an emanation of Mahavairocana, who is the primordial central buddha of the Five Buddhas. ''Padmakumara'' is the all-inclusive name for all the 18 Padmakumaras of Maha Twin Lotus Ponds. White Padmakumara is the highest of the 18 Padmakumaras. There are countless additional Padmakumaras who are relatives of the 18 Padmakumaras. The lineage of the True Buddha School is therefore: Vairocana - Buddha Locana - Amitabha - Padmakumara - Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu.
The three principal deities of Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu are Amitabha, Golden Mother of the Jade Pond, and Ksitigarbha. In other words, Living Buddha Lian-sheng is the emanation of the body of Ksitigarbha, the speech of Amitabha, and the mind of Golden Mother of the Jade Pond. This transformation of body, speech, and mind is the integrated emanation of the three bodies.
⓪ Padmakumara's extraordinary and marvelous background and level of attainment are ultimate and unsurpassed. For example:
- King Da Weide was the previous incarnation of Shakyamuni. He was guided to the abode of Golden Light Buddha by Lotus Youth Baoyi and Lotus Youth Baoshang. Through the teaching of Golden Light Buddha, King Da Weide attained Buddhahood. Since Lotus Youth Baoyi and Lotus Youth Baoshang are Padmakumaras, Padmakumara can be considered the guiding teacher of Shakyamuni.
- The full name of the first buddha mentioned in the High King Sutra should actually be Pure Light Padmakumara Secret Buddha. Therefore, Pure Light Secret Buddha is Padmakumara.
- The Mahamudra lineage transmission is from the Primordial Buddha to Lotus Youth Baoyi, another Padmakumara.
- The lineage of the Great Perfection was from Padmasambhava to Trisong Deutsen and Yeshe Tsogyal. Padmasambhava was lotus born which means he was actually a Padmakumara. Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu is also the emanation of Padmakumara.
- The True Buddha Sutra is an important sutra of the True Buddha School. This sutra emerged from the illuminating mind of Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu upon his entering the ocean of the Vairocana buddha nature. It is a direct revelation of the realm of the Western Pure Land of Utmost Bliss, the 18 Padmakumaras, and Maha Twin Lotus Ponds.
- In the Dunhuang Caves in China, one finds Padmakumara in Cave 249 with Shakyamuni Buddha, Amitabha Buddha, Maitreya Buddha, and Golden Mother of the Jade Pond. This shows that Padmakumara holds a very high position. Cave 314 is actually named ''Padmakumara.'' Moreover, a book about Dunhuang published by Lanzhou University has an entire section concerning research into Padmakumara.
- The Origin of Padmakumara, edited by Dharma Brother Chang Mingcong of Faming Chapter of the True Buddha School, presents many literary references which prove the true existence of Padmakumara. Padmakumara can therefore be considered authentic and unfabricated.
- For the last hundred years, scholars in academia, art, archaeology, and Buddhism have believed that Buddhism originated in northwest India (modern Pakistan.) They originally thought only the statues of Maitreya and Shakyamuni (pre-enlightenment) had their artistic origin in the Grecian style.
Gandharan Art: The World of the Buddha, Volume 2, (1990), published by Nigensha Publishing Co., Ltd. in Japan and edited by Isao Kurita, revealed that in addition to the statues of Maitreya and Shakyamuni (pre-enlightenment), statues of Lotus Hand Bodhisattva (Lotus Bodhisattva, who is actually Padmakumara) were also carved in Grecian style. This finding shocked the whole world!
The sculptural style of Lotus Hand Bodhisattva and Guanyin Bodhisattva became the original source of the ''bodhisattva'' sculptural style of the Mahayana, Sutrayana, and Vajrayana traditions transmitted later to the north. (see pp. 78-79 of The Origin of Padmakumara for details.)
- The earliest existing Chinese buddha statues are statues of Padmakumara, who was referred to at the time as Lotus Youth Xiangguang. These statues (circa 150 ~ 170 a.d.) together with statues of King of the East and Queen Mother of the West, were discovered in Yinan, Shandong on a Han Dynasty portrait tombstone (see p. 104, The Origin of Padmakumara for details.)
- During the XiXia Kingdom (Great White High Kingdom), the emperors Jingzong, Renzong, and Modi were emanations of Padmakumara. Great White High Kingdom was established by White Padmakumara as High King Guanyin Kingdom. For this reason, XiXia Kingdom was called Great White High Kingdom.
- The most ancient sutra in India, the Mahabharata (摩訶婆羅多 in Chinese), actually mentions White Padmakumara because the second king of Shambhala was White Lotus King. The first king of Shambhala was Manjusri Bodhisattva.
Living Buddha Lian Sheng Sheng-yen Lu has transmitted a great many Padmakumara practices including Root Guru Yoga, Padmakumara Personal Deity Practice, Five Great Attainments Dharma,The Fastest Spiritual Union Deliverance Practice, True Buddha Rice Offering Visualization Practice, Vajra Master Lian-sheng Hair Practice, The Padmakumara Fortune Bestowing Practice, etc. Padmakumara Yoga is also a purity restoration practice. It is extremely important!
Padmakumara has descended into the human world for the purpose of assisting Amitabha Buddha of the Western Pure Land of Utmost Bliss. Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu therefore resides in the human world.
Due to various predestined reasons, Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu received teachings from many gurus. He was prophesied by Shakyamuni Buddha and Amitabha Buddha entrusted him with the mission of salvation. Maitreya Buddha bestowed on him the Red Crown and Guru Padmasambhava taught him the tantra. It is due to this great dharma affinity that the era of deliverance of beings by Padmakumara has arrived. The great dharma rain is falling and the great conch of the dharma teachings is blowing. The huge dharma drum resounds and the great dharma teachings are being spread!
Root Guru (Padmakumara) Yoga
Mysterious Padmakumara Indeed, Chapter 35 of Book 179, Falling Flowers in the Dream
True Existence of Padmakumara, Chapter 5 of Book 196, Refreshing Messages
!!Please be aware that before engaging in any True Buddha Vajrayana practices, one must first take refuge and receive the respective empowerment.!!
⓪Please check the True Buddha School website regularly for the latest news about Living Buddha Lian-sheng and ''be with Buddha'' always.
Welcome to download the user friendly True Buddha Video App from Appstore or Google Play. With the app you can see more of Grandmaster's marvelous videos and live webcasts. It is the speediest vehicle to ''keep you synchronized and be with the Buddha!''
Official True Buddha School Net (TBSN):
Home page: http://tbsn.org/
Indonesia Home Page: http://tbsn.org/indonesia/
Official Facebook Pages:
⓪Welcome fans (Vajra Dharma Protectors) of the Official English True Buddha Facebook site to invite their friends to join the Fan Club. Better yet, click ''Like'' and ''Share.'' Let us together spread the name of Dharma King Living Buddha Lian-sheng to every corner of the world!!