Start by praying for the root lineage blessing: First empty the mind. Next, visualize the Root Lineage Guru appearing above your crown and radiating light on everyone present. Chant the Root Lineage Guru Heart Mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Lineage Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious.
Engender the Four Immeasurable Minds: Visualize your parents, children, relatives, friends, and enemies joining you in this practice.
Wake Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
- Tender the Great Homage to the Root Lineage Guru, Triple Jewels and Shrine
- Incense Praise
- Pure Dharma Body Buddha
- Pure Incense of Sila and Samadhi
Jie ding zhen xiang fen qi chong tian shang;
(Pure heart of sila and samadhi like incense, soars into the sky when lit;)
di zi qian cheng re zai jin lu shang.
(Disciples' faithfulness like warmth, radiates throughout the golden censer.)
Qing ke fen yun ji bian man shi fang;
(In an instant, its scent suffuses the entire universe;)
xi ri ye shu mian nan xiao zai zhang.
(Thus was how Yasodhara of past avoided hindrances and calamities.)
Na mo xiang yun gai pu sa mo he sa. (3 times)
(Homage to the Enlightened One, cloud canopy of fragrance, Bodhisattvas, Mahasattvas.)
- Recite the Purification Mantras and Earth God Mantra
- Recite the Invocation Mantra
Om Ah Hum, So-Ha. (3 times)
We sincerely invoke:
Namo Root Lineage Guru Living Buddha Lian-sheng,
Namo White Mahapadmakumara, Namo the Five Buddhas,
Namo Shakyamuni Buddha, Namo Medicine Buddha,
Namo Limitless Celestially Venerated Golden Mother of the Jade Pond,
Namo Maitreya Bodhisattva, Namo Vajrasattva Bodhisattva,
Namo Padmasambhava, Namo Great Compassionate Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva,
Namo Great Vow Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva,
Namo Manjushri Bodhisattva, Namo Maha Cundi Bodhisattva,
Namo White Tara, Namo Green Tara, Namo Sitatapatra Bodhisattva,
Namo Great Powerful Ucchusma, Namo Acala, Namo Yellow Jambhala,
Namo Ganesha, Celestially Venerated Jade Emperor, Celestial King Xuan-tian, Lord Brahma,
Namo Four Heavenly Tutelaries, Namo Skanda Bodhisattva,
Namo Sangharama Bodhisattva, Naga King of Ocean, Tai Sui God, Cheng Huang City God,
Namo all Buddhas of the Ten Directions and Three Periods, all Bodhisattvas and Mahasattvas,
Namo Maha Prajna Paramita.
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge
- Armor Protection
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra
- Recite the Rebirth Mantra (7 times)
- Recite the Four Immeasurable Vows
- Recite the Bodhicitta Mantra
- Recite the Repentance Verse and Mantra
- Praise Verse
Lotus is the nature of your Dharmakaya essence. Your right hand displays the Dharma-teaching Mudra, Your left hand displays the Lotus-holding Mudra.
Your Nirmanakaya manifests in myriad realms.
Celestial garments and exquisite jewels reveal your magnificence.
By merging the lineages of your transmissions,
Taoism, Sutrayana, and Tantrayana,
A supreme and precious teaching was born.
True Buddha Tantric Dharma guides the sentient beings And liberates all, without omission!
- Recite the True Buddha Sutra
- Three Lights Empowerment
Pray to White Mahapadmakumara to bestow the Three Lights Empowerment while holding the Padmakumara Mudra.
- Recite the Padmakumara Heart Mantra (108 times)
- Entering Samadhi
- Homage to Buddhas, Bodhisattvas and Their Vows
Namo Shakyamuni Buddha, Namo Vairocana Buddha, Namo Amitabha Buddha, Namo White Mahapadmakumara, Namo Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva, Namo Maitreya Bodhisattva, Namo Akasagarbha Bodhisattva, Namo Samantabhadra Bodhisattva, Namo Vajrapani Bodhisattva, Namo Manjusri Bodhisattva, Namo Hindrance-Removing Bodhisattva, Namo Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva, Namo Lotus Light Self-Mastery Buddha, Namo all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas of the True Buddha Assembly, Namo all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas of the Ten Directions and Three Periods.
- Recite the Fourfold Refuge
- Seeking refuge in the Root Lineage Guru and wishing sentient beings to validate the profound essence of emptiness and Great Perfection.
- Seeking refuge in the Buddha and wishing sentient beings to realize the supreme path, aspiring the highest bodhicitta.
- Seeking refuge in the Dharma and wishing sentient beings to immerse deeply in the Tripitaka and attain ocean-like wisdom.
- Seeking refuge in the Sangha and wishing sentient beings to guide others without hindrances and to live in harmony.
With reverence I practice the yoga of Holy Root Lineage Guru Lian-sheng, The True Buddha School helps all beings.
The Padmakumara Mantra delivers one to the Maha Twin Lotus Ponds, Where the Eighteen Lotuses have manifested.
Such a supreme and rare secret transmission,
I now practice and make a universal offering.
By engendering a deep and sincere vow,
May I soon ascend to this Buddha Land.
May the Holy Root Lineage Guru bless and empower me to attain a lotus-birth.
May I attain perfection and self-mastery,
Liberating oneself and others to the Buddha Land.
- Recite the Sutra Homage Repentance Verse
Homage and offerings to Buddhas are supreme deeds, engendering boundless merit;
Dedicate to all sentient beings drifting in samsara, so as to swiftly reach the pure land of infinite lights. All Buddhas of the Ten Directions and Three Periods, all Bodhisattvas and Mahasattvas, Maha Prajna Paramita.
- Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra (3 times)
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Recite the Completion Mantra
Om, bu- lin. (3 times)
Om, ma-ni, pad-me, hum.
Dismissal: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
End of Practice: Xiu-fa yuan-man, ru-yi ji-xiang. May all endeavors be auspicious.