【True Buddha Foundation Notice】
Translated by TBTTs
The Significance and Proper Protocols When a Dragon Vest Is Included in the Life Essence Burial Practice and Legal Application for True Buddha School Cultivation Venues to Build a Columbarium
TBF- Caut 00005
- True Buddha Foundation wishes to provide clarification in response to a disciple’s queries below:
- Are the practices known as “Dharma-throne dragon vest life essence burial” and “on-wall dragon vest life essence burial” legitimate?
- What is the procedure for constructing a columbarium in the vicinity of a cultivation venue?
Q1: Were the practices known as the “Dharma throne dragon vest life essence burial” and the “on-wall dragon vest life essence burial” transmitted by Guru Buddha? Also, are these practices legitimate life essence burial practices?
- Explanation of the significance of life essence burial practice:
According to Chapter 14 “Live Burial Essence Practice Transmitted by Taoist Master, Qing Zhen” in Cryptic Meaning Behind Geomancy for Yin Residences, Book 73 of Guru Buddha’s corpus, the Life Essence Burial Practice is more commonly known as “burial of the living”. The Life Essence Burial Practice is associated with geomancy and is based on the principle that humans are born from the elements of earth, water, fire, and wind, and have a bold and upright stature. Similarly, earth also contains the elements of earth, water, fire, and wind. The Life Essence Burial Practice employs the earth’s infinite spiritual energy to boost one’s spiritual energy, improve one’s health and vitality, and contribute to positive outcomes in one’s endeavors. It can also assist in obtaining a son or a daughter as desired. When applied correctly, this practice can transform bad luck into good luck, defeat black magic, prevent misfortune, and overcome afflictions caused by negative forces and evil spirits.
- Explanation of the significance and benefits of dragon vest life essence burial practice:
- On June 4, 2010, Guru Buddha delivered a discourse on the dragon vest life essence practice at Dapeng Chapter: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_TV0YDpxfM)，
The following key points have been extracted from the video (05:01):
The earth (ground) is also known as the “dragon”. A dragon nexus is a location where energy has accumulated. Dragon qi is created by burying a dragon vest previously worn by Guru Buddha in the dragon nexus. The dragon of Guru Buddha’s dragon vest is alive and the dragon of the earth is also alive. Because the two dragons come into resonance and enhance each other, using a dragon vest is beneficial to the life essence burial practice. The key point is that, for the practice to be effective, the life essence articles must be buried in a dragon nexus.
- On Sep. 22, 2022, True Buddha Foundation (TBF) sought clarification from Guru Buddha about his discourse given at the Dapeng Chapter. Guru Buddha confirmed that three conditions must be met for enhancing life essence burial practice with a dragon vest:
- Guru Buddha has worn the dragon vest.
- The location must be a nexus where vital energy gathers and remains. Then and only then is the location suitable for life essence burial.
- Life essence articles must be buried in the nexus along with a dragon vest worn by Guru Buddha. The spiritual energy emanating from the dragon nexus, coupled with the presence of Guru Buddha’s dragon vest, causes the owner of the life essence articles to receive amplified blessings. The key point is that both the dragon vest and life essence articles must be buried in the dragon nexus.
- Following our meeting with Guru Buddha, TBF concludes that:
- The dragon vest life essence burial practice was never publicly transmitted by Guru Buddha, and the name of the practice was never formally adopted. Guru Buddha only transmitted the Life Essence Burial Practice. The so-called “dragon vest life essence burial practice” should be called the “Dragon Vest Enhanced Life Essence Burial Practice”.
- The dragon vest worn by Guru Buddha and the life essence articles must be buried in the dragon nexus. They should not be arbitrarily displayed at a Dharma throne or on wall.
- TBF would like to remind TBS disciples and non-TBS devotees to strictly adhere to Guru Buddha’s teachings. Do not be mislead by others. Be extra cautious. Avoid being victimized by a scam.
Q2: What is the procedure for constructing a columbarium in the vicinity of a cultivation venue?
A2: Concerning construction of a columbarium, TBF provides the following guidance:
- If a TBS cultivation venue intends to construct a columbarium, the venue should abide by local regulations and apply for permits from relevant local authorities.
- The proper way to build a columbarium is to construct it separately from the main temple. For example, the Taiwan Lei Tsang Temple Western Realm Columbarium and the Seattle Rainbow Temple Twin-Lotus Realm Columbarium are constructed separately from the main temple.
- Cultivation venues with a columbarium must have ordained resident Sangha to regularly perform noon and evening rituals. In addition, ceremonies must be held periodically to dedicate the merit to those whose cremains are inurned at the columbarium. (Note: Such ceremonies are held on a regular basis at Taiwan Lei Tsang Temple and Rainbow Temple)
- As for any party engaging in the private establishment and sale of columbarium niches prior to issuance of permits by local authorities, TBF strongly reminds such parties that, in the event of non-compliance with local laws and regulations, they will be held accountable under the law. TBF has no connection with such illegal activity and does not assume liability for it. In the event a cultivation venue violates local laws, the TBF Supervisory Department will take appropriate action in accordance with TBF By-laws.
- If a cultivation venue has received payment for columbarium services but does not have resident monastics performing regular rituals for the deceased, the offending cultivation venue will bear the karmic consequences of their greedy, and deceitful activities.
- By issuing this formal notice, TBF instructs TBS cultivation venues and Dharma propagation personnel to refrain from spreading false information, never deceive sentient beings, and strictly adhere to the policies and guidelines contained herein.
True Buddha Foundation
September 28, 2022
Translator: Lynn Ang
Editors: Henry Wolf and DJ Chang