Engender the Four Immeasurable Minds. Visualize your parents, children, relatives, friends, and enemies join you in this practice.
Wake-Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
- Recite the Purification Mantras and Earth God Mantra
- Recite the Invocation Mantra
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge
- Armor Protection
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra (1 time).
- Recite the Rebirth Mantra (7 times).
- Recite the Root Guru's Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, gu-ru, lian-sheng sid-dhi hum
- Mudra and Visualization
Five-syllable Manjushri Mudra: Interlace the fingers outward (or inward). Straighten the middle fingers and arc the middle fingers with the fingertips touching to form a circle. This is the Vajra Sword Mudra.
Illustration of mudra:
Seed Syllable: Di
Visualization: First empty the mind
Chant the Emptiness Mantra:
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
- Visualize a peaceful lake. A perfect blue moon disc arises from the lake. Within the moon disc, there is the seed syllable「」''di.'' The syllable revolves, emits red-yellow light, and transforms into Manjushri Bodhisattva with one head and two arms. His right hand holds a sword while his left hand holds a greenish-blue lotus flower. A scripture sits atop the lotus. Manjushri Bodhisattva rides on a lion. The sword in his right hand emits great white light that shines all over the practitioner. The light opens the pores of the practitioner and transforms the practitioner's evil karma accumulated from previous lifetimes into spiders, insects, snakes, toads, etc. crawling out from the pores. The great white light of the sword eradicates karmic hindrances and fills the practitioner's body up with white milk and nectar. All ignorance, evil karma, and darkness are eradicated. The practitioner is instantly purified and becomes clear and radiant with bright self nature.
- Visualize the Navel Chakra of the practitioner transforming into a lotus flower. A syllable 「」''di'' appears atop the lotus. A sword then appears atop the ''di'' syllable. On the sword there are six syllables, ''Om。ah。la。ba。zha。na。'' Visualize that the tip of sword touches the tongue. The sword rotates to the right three times while emitting great greenish-blue light. The practitioner is thus able to speak eloquently with beautiful voice, refute all heterodox doctrines, and obtains all eloquent wisdom.
- Recite the Manjushri Bodhisattva Heart Mantra (108 times):
- Entering Samadhi
- Emerging from Samadhi
- Praise Verse
Manjushri, the great Dharma King
The brilliance of the scripture and sword is magnificent
Through the four visualizations one obtains great wisdom
Realms of the ten direction all shining with radiant light
- Recite the Principal Heart Mantras
- Recite the Buddha's Name (3 times)
Namo the 36 trillion 119 thousand and 500 Amitabha Buddhas.
- Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra (3 times)
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization (same as step 3)
- Recite the Completion Mantra
Om, Bu Lin. (3 times)
Om Mani Padme Hum.
End of Practice: May all endeavors be auspicious.
True Buddha Dharma-character Treasury - Manjushri Bodhisattva
Aug. 14, 2010 Dharma Talk - Sharpen Your Tongue
May 5, 2010 Dharma Talk - King of Wisdom
My Advice for Chanting the Manjushri Mantra of Book 241, Sacred Encounters with Deities
An empowerment must be received from Living Buddha Lian-sheng or an authorized TrueBuddha School master before engaging in this particular sadhana.