On Sunday, Oct. 11, 2020, 3:00pm, at Rainbow Temple, True Buddha School Dharma King Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu will preside over an Amoghapasa Homa Ceremony, and discourse Lamdre. (Live Webcast Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLl20r-KQlapX_5fT-N3cOw)
【Amoghapasa Mudra :】There are three acceptable Amoghapasa mudras:
- With palms together, interlace thumbs and index fingers outside of palms with right index finger in front of left. Move right thumb into the opening between left thumb and left index finger as shown in Mudra 1.
- Press the palms together. Bend index fingers with the right index finger on top of the left. Interlace thumbs inwards with the right thumb placed over the left as shown in Mudra 2.
- Press the palms together. Bend index fingers with the right index finger over the left index finger. The thumbs of both hands extend upward side by side and press against the forefingers as shown in Mudra 3.
Mo (white in color)
【Amoghapasa Mantra :】
【Amoghapasa Dharmalakṣaṇa Brief Introduction】
Amoghapasa is white with three faces and four arms. Each face has three eyes. Her first right hand holds a mala and the second, a nectar vase. Her first left hand holds a lotus and the second, a lasso.
【Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu Dharma Talk - Amoghapasa Key Cultivation Formula】
Amoghapasa (Bu-kong-juan-suo-guan-yin in Chinese) is one of seven Guanyin in the Guanyin Court and an emanation of Guanyin. She is an extraordinary and magnificent Guanyin in the Garbhadhatu Mandala. Her dharma power is similar to Mahacundi Buddha Mother. The Vajrayana name of Amoghapasa is Equal Deliverance Vajra. Because Amoghasiddhi Buddha is atop her crown, Amoghapasa is a Guanyin of great significance.
Amoghapasa has three faces, each face having three eyes, and four arms. One hand holds a mala. This symbolizes that one will be delivered by reciting her name. One hand holds a lotus. This symbolizes rebirth from a lotus, eradication of calamities, elimination of karmic hindrances, and increase of good fortune. One hand holds a purification vase. This symbolizes that the nectar in the purification vase will immediately eliminate the karmic hindrances of all sentient beings including those in hell, hungry ghosts, and animals. One hand holds a lasso, symbolizing that one's wishes will be fulfilled by being tied up with the lasso. The lasso can also deliver one to the Western Pure Land of Ultimate Bliss. Because some netherworld beings are confused, willfully blind, or have a different agenda, they may be unwilling to be delivered to the pure land. However, if one prays for them to Amoghapasa, she will throw her lasso down, tie them up, and take them to the pure land.
The meaning of ''bu-kong'' (infallible) is that all one's wishes and desires will be fulfilled. Amoghapasa binds whatever one desires with the lasso so that, without exception, all one's wishes and desires will be accomplished. ''Equal Deliverance'' means that without discrimination as to virtuous or evil, good or bad, everyone will be delivered. Anyone who prays to Amoghapasa will receive the spiritual response and attain spiritual union with her.
Her greatest vow is her ''lasso'' and ''infallible.'' Amoghapasa is able to perfectly accomplish the eradication of calamities, enrichment, love and respect, and subjugation. Because her lasso is infallible, Amoghapasa can also be very helpful to those involved in legal proceedings. As one prays to her that one's legal case will proceed smoothly, she will throw out her lasso to tie up the troublemakers or evildoers one is involved with. Since one's opponents are immobilized while one is free, one's legal case will prevail. This is a good thing.
There is a secret cultivation formula for making offerings to Amoghapasa, Guanyin, goddesses, and dakinis. One may offer them foundation, lipstick, eyebrow pencils, mirrors, false eyelashes, loose powder, and rouge. By making these offerings, one can maintain one's own youthful beauty and have longevity. Amoghapasa has this kind of power.
When making offerings to bodhisattvas, one may offer whatever one likes and the bodhisattvas will also like it. When making offerings to gods and deities, one offers whatever the gods and deities like. This is the key cultivation formula for making offerings. By offering in this way, one will attain spiritual union.
The short mantra of Amoghapasa is: ''Om。a-mo-ga。pi-she-ye。hum-pan-zha。'' The syllables ''a-mo-ga'' are the name ''Amoghapasa.''
The Infallible Mani Offering Mantra and the Mantra of Light are transformed from Amoghapasa. They are vast and infallible offerings.
◎Infallible Mani Offering Mantra:
Reciting this ''secret'' offering mantra just three times is equivalent to making a vast offering. When out traveling on the road, one can recite this mantra three times.
- By reciting this mantra prior to any Dharma practice, indescribably wonderful, infinite, and divine offerings will appear throughout the boundless space of all the Dharma realms (this is the benefit and merit of this mantra).
- The merit of making offerings three times a day of seven treasures and flowers that fill the entire great trichiliocosm to tathagatas of the great trichiliocosm is only one sixteenth of the merit and good fortune of merely reciting this mantra.
- By reciting this mantra seven times in the morning and seven times in the evening, one will be liberated from even non-intermittent karma [anantarika-karma].
- One will be lotus-born, never take birth from a womb, and be able to remember one’s past lives. In other words, one will always be lotus-born, never viviparous and reincarnated. Therefore, one will have the knowledge of past lives. This is the merit.
Typically, this is how I visualize. Notice that, at the very bottom of a thangka, there is usually an offering of rows of round containers with lids which are connected to each other. These containers are filled with the seven treasures, eight jewels, all kinds of medicine and everything else. These are called mani jewels. Visualize this offering transforming into clouds of offerings and recite the mantra seven times. This transforms the offering into a vast offering. Each time one visualizes in this way and recites the mantra seven times, one makes a vast and extensive offering.
◎Mantra of Light:
The Mantra of Light is the Mahamudra of Infallible Vairocana Buddha. This mantra possesses the brilliant light of the precious lotus. It transforms karmic transgressions and eliminates catastrophes, resulting in attainment of the indestructible bodhi mind.
More about Amoghapasa Dharma:
- Amoghapasa Sadhana
- 2013 Sep. 22 Dharma Talk - Amoghapasa, ''Non-empty Lasso Guanyin''
- 2014 Feb. 22 Dharma Talk - About Amoghapasa and Ambassador Liao's Cultivation Accomplishment
- 'Mahamudra of Permanence, Bliss, True Self, and Purity' (regarding Mantra of Light), Chapter 20 of Book 51, Highest Yoga Tantra and Mahamudra. Contact Renee Cordsen @ email@example.com if you are interested in purchasing this book.
- 'The Mantra of Light', Chapter 11 of Book 148, The Power of Mantra. Contact Renee Cordsen @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in purchasing this book.
⓪Please check the True Buddha School website regularly for the latest news about Living Buddha Lian-sheng and ''be with Buddha'' always.
Welcome to download the user friendly True Buddha Video App from Appstore or Google Play. With the app you can see more of Grandmaster's marvelous videos and live webcasts. It is the speediest vehicle to ''keep you synchronized and be with the Buddha!''
Official True Buddha School Net (TBSN):
Home page: http://tbsn.org/
Indonesia Home Page: http://tbsn.org/indonesia/
Official Facebook Pages:
⓪Welcome fans (Vajra Dharma Protectors) of the Official English True Buddha Facebook site to invite their friends to join the Fan Club. Better yet, click ''Like'' and ''Share.'' Let us together spread the name of Dharma King Living Buddha Lian-sheng to every corner of the world!!