Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation 2020-2021 Annual Report
SYL Foundation was founded through the guidance of HH Living Buddha Lian-sheng, and is driven by the belief that the practice of compassion is an essential part of Buddhism and of life. Although the Foundation is motivated by Buddhist principles, its mission and reach encompass people of all faiths.
SYL Foundation is a non-profit public charity, and is honored to be supported and loved by the True Buddha School community worldwide.
Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation strives to combine compassion and philanthropy with strategic grant-making to advance and promote quality health and education for all.
Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation primarily focuses on serving low-income immigrant and refugee communities in Washington’s King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. Our grants benefit all people regardless of religion, race, age, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
SYL Foundation's Beliefs
- Immigrants are a source of strength and vitality for the United States.
- Education and healthcare are basic human rights and should be accessible to all.
- Solutions to systemic inequities must be rooted in the affected communities. We proudly support immigrant and BIPOC leadership, invest in community-based systems change efforts, and practice trust-based philanthropy.
- Embracing different approaches to new and ongoing problems can foster transformative innovation.
- Accountability and transparency are fundamental to our operations.
- Connectedness, embracing one’s compassion through acts of charity, and the combined power of human goodwill are the cornerstones to effecting positive change.
Here is the Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation 2020-2021 Annual Report.