Start by praying for the root lineage blessing: First empty the mind. Next, visualize the Root Lineage Guru Living Buddha Lian-sheng appearing above your crown and radiating light on everyone present. Chant the Root Lineage Guru Heart Mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Lineage Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious.
Engender the Four Immeasurable Minds: Visualize your parents, children, relatives, friends, and enemies join you in this practice.
Wake-Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
- Recite the Purification Mantras and Earth God Mantra
- Recite the Invocation Mantra
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge
- Armor Protection
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra (1 time).
- Recite the Rebirth Mantra (7 times).
- Recite the Root Guru''s Heart Mantra (108 times):Om, gu-ru, lian-sheng sid-dhi hum
- Mudra and Visualization
Golden Mother Mudra : Interlace the fingers of both hands inwards; place the middle fingers upright touching and point the index fingers apart. Touch the thumbs lightly against the middle fingers (hold the mudra in front of your chest.)
Illustration of mudra:
Hum (white in color)
Visualization: First empty the mind
Chant the Emptiness Mantra:
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
- Above an expanse of ocean is a stretch of clear sunny sky. A moon disc rises from the ocean into the sky. Inside the moon disc is white Tibetan seed syllable「」''''hum,'''' emitting white light.
- The seed syllable inside the moon disc revolves and transforms into The Primordial Golden Mother of Jade Pond wearing a phoenix headdress. In her hands she holds a Ruyi and a heavenly dust-whisk. She is smiling, looks majestic, and views all sentient beings with compassion.
- Visualize the Ruyi and heavenly dust-whisk radiate white light. The white light ascends, arcs over and down, and pours through the Vajrayana practitioner''s crown, filling his entire body. The body becomes crystal clear. All karmic hindrances are cleansed.
(Alternatively, visualize Golden Mother radiating a beam of white light from her brow point onto one''s brow point. From the throat of Golden Mother, a beam of red light radiates onto one''s throat. From the heart of Golden Mother, a beam of blue light radiates onto one''s heart. The three lights of white, red, and blue merge completely into one''s body and mind.)
- Visualize a moon disc appearing in the sky. Inside the moon disc is the seed syllable ''''ah'''' and a majestic horse adorned with golden bells. On its back the horse carries abundant gold, silver, and jewels. Visualize that the horse speedily delivers these treasures to the practitioner.
- Recite the Golden Mother Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, jin-mu, shi-dhi, hum.
- Entering Samadhi
- Emerging from Samadhi
- Recite the Principal Heart Mantras
- Recite the Buddha''s Name (3 times)
Namo the 36 trillion 119 thousand and 500 Amitabha Buddhas.
- Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra (3 times)
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization (same as step 3)
- Recite the Completion Mantra
Om, Bu Lin. (3 times)
Om Mani Padme Hum.
End of Practice: May all endeavors be auspicious.
An empowerment must be received from Living Buddha Lian-sheng or an authorized True Buddha School master before engaging in this particular sadhana.