Start by praying for the root lineage blessing: First empty the mind. Next, visualize the Root Lineage Guru Living Buddha Lian-sheng appearing above your crown and radiating light on everyone present. Chant the Root Lineage Guru Heart Mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Lineage Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious.
Engender the Four Immeasurable Minds: Visualize your parents, children, relatives, friends, and enemies join you in this practice.
Wake-Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
- Recite the Purification Mantras and Earth God Mantra
- Recite the Invocation Mantra
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge
- Armor Protection
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra (1 time).
- Recite the Rebirth Mantra (7 times).
- Recite the Root Guru's Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, gu-ru, lian-sheng sid-dhi hum
- Mudra and Visualization
Tiger Head Vajra Mudra : Interlace the fingers of both hands inwards; Straighten both thumbs and keep them apart outward like a tiger head.
Illustration of mudra:
Hum (white in color)
Visualization: First empty the mind
Chant the Emptiness Mantra:
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
- Visualize seed syllable「」''hum'' inside the moon disc in the sky revolving and transforming into the Primordial Golden Mother of Jade Pond.
- The Primordial Golden Mother of Jade Pond wears a Yusheng and phoenix crown. In her hands she holds an apricot yellow flag and a calabash. She rides on a Tiger Head Vajra.
- Visualize the Tiger Head Vajra emitting white light. The white light ascends, arcs over and down, and pours through the crown of the Vajrayana practitioner, filling their entire body. The body turns crystal clear. All karmic hindrances are cleansed.
- Recite the Tiger Head Vajra Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, jin-mu, sid-dhi, hum, hum, pei.
- Entering Samadhi
- Emerging from Samadhi
- Recite the Principal Heart Mantras
- Recite the Buddha's Name (3 times)
Namo the 36 trillion 119 thousand and 500 Amitabha Buddhas.
- Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra (3 times)
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization (same as step 3)
- Recite the Completion Mantra
Om, Bu Lin. (3 times)
Om Mani Padme Hum.
End of Practice: May all endeavors be auspicious.
Yusheng: a jade hairpin
An empowerment must be received from Living Buddha Lian-sheng or an authorized True Buddha School master before engaging in this particular sadhana.