Start by praying for the root lineage blessing: First empty the mind. Next, visualize the Root Lineage Guru Living Buddha Lian-sheng appearing above your crown and radiating light on everyone present. Chant the Root Lineage Guru Heart Mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Lineage Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious.
Engender the Four Immeasurable Minds: Visualize your parents, children, relatives, friends, and enemies joining you in this practice.
Wake-Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
- Recite the Purification Mantras and Earth God Mantra
- Recite the Invocation Mantra
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge
- Armor Protection
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra (1 time).
- Recite the Rebirth Mantra (7 times).
- Recite the Root Guru's Heart Mantra (108 times):Om, gu-ru, lian-sheng sid-dhi hum
- Mudra and Visualization
Red Manohara Vasudhara Mudra : It is the same as the Vajra Hook Mudra. The left hand forms a fist with thumb on the outside and index finger standing. The right hand wraps around the left index finger with the right index finger extending in a hook form.
Illustration of mudra:
Chuli (red in color)
Visualization: First empty the mind
Chant the Emptiness Mantra:
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
- Above an expanse of ocean is a stretch of clear sunny sky. A moon disc rises from the ocean into the sky. Inside the moon disc is the red Tibetan seed syllable「」''chuli,'' emitting great red light.
- The seed syllable inside the moon disc revolves and transforms into Red Manohara Vasudhara. Her body is red and adorned with silk celestial garments, jewels and ornaments. Brimming with energy and vitality, she radiates a bright light. Her right hand holds a vajra hook while her left hand holds a jewel-spewing mongoose. She assumes a sitting posture with the right leg slightly extended and the left leg bent.
Key to visualization: Visualize Red Manohara Vasudhara's vajra hook moving and the hook of your mudra also moving in concert.
- From the brow point of Red Manohara Vasudhara, a beam of white light shines onto one's brow point. From the throat of Red Manohara Vasudhara, a beam of red light shines onto one's throat. From the heart of Red Manohara Vasudhara, a beam of blue light shines onto one's heart. The three lights of white, red, and blue merge completely into one's body and mind.
- Recite the Red Manohara Vasudhara Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, ma-ruo-ha-ri-ah, ha-ri-ah, om, yin-ku-sa, yin-ku-sa, seh-seh-seh, hum-hum-hum, pei, so-ha.
- Entering Samadhi
- Emerging from Samadhi
- Praise Verse
Boundless past deeds of virtues,
Transmute into wealth, longevity, and magnificence.
Buddha Mother bestows upon practitioner riches and treasure,
I pay homage to the enriching Buddha Mother.
- Recite the Principal Heart Mantras
- Recite the Buddha's Name (3 times)
Namo the 36 trillion 119 thousand and 500 Amitabha Buddhas.
- Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra (3 times)
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization (same as step 3)
- Recite the Completion Mantra
Om, Bu Lin. (3 times)
Om Mani Padme Hum.
End of Practice: May all endeavors be auspicious.
An empowerment must be received from Living Buddha Lian-sheng or an authorized True Buddha School master before engaging in this particular sadhana.