On Sunday, Aug. 8, 2021, 3:00pm, at Rainbow Temple, True Buddha School Dharma King Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu will preside over a Hevajra Homa Ceremony, discourse the Lamdre, and bestow empowerment for Hevajra Uncommon Practice. (Live Webcast Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLl20r-KQlapX_5fT-N3cOw )
【Hevajra Mudra :】
Bend each thumb to place under the ring finger and put both palms together.
【Hevajra Seed Syllable :】
【Hevajra Mantra :】
【Hevajra Dharmalakṣaṇa Brief Introduction】
The blue Hevajra has eight faces, sixteen arms, four legs, and looks wrathful. With each of his four legs stepping on a mara, and each hand of the sixteens arms holding a dharma implement, he is embraced with his consort Nairatmya.
His three round red eyes are widely opened with his blond hair intertwined up. He wears a head ring, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and belts, with great wisdom flames emitting all around his body.
The dharma implements that Hevajra holds in his sixteen hands are: a white elephant, a yellow-earth deva, a cyan horse, a white-water god, a red donkey, a red-fire god, a red cow, a cyan-wind god, a grey camel, a white-moon deva, a red human, a red-sun deva, a cyan lion, a cyan yama king, a red cat, and a Yellow Jambhala.
The implements symbolize:
- eradication of all illnesses
- subjugation of all fierce animals
- bestowal of all fortune
- attainment of the eight great self-masteries
- in charge of the sun, the moon, the heaven and the earth
Hevajra, also referred to as Blissful Vajra, is the earliest appearing Vajra protector [Heruka] who represents wisdom and belongs to motherly side of Herukas.
Hevajra owns earth, water, fire, wind, the Sun God, the Moon God, the Death God, and Fortune Gods. They are all under his control.
The earliest heruka practice tantra was Hevajra since he was the first to appear. Generally, Hevajra is located in the center and surrounded by eight consorts spreading out in the eight directions. When making offerings to the consorts, we are also making offerings to all dakinis, four directional guardian mothers, dakinis of the eight directions, and all the devis of twenty heavens. They are all classified as dakinis. When we normally make offerings to dakinis, all of them will receive them if we chant, ''The offerings are for guardian mothers of the four directions, dakinis of the eight directions, and devis of twenty heavens.''
Hevajra is the transformation of Vajrasattva, Vajrapani, and Vajra-heart Bodhisattva. His mantra is ''Om。di-wa。bi-zhu。wa-ri-la。hum-hum-hum。fa-zha。so-ha。'' It is also fine to chant ''seh'' instead as ''Om。di-wa。bi-zhu。wa-ri-la。hum-hum-hum。seh。so-ha。'' or ''Om。di-wa。bi-zhu。wa-ri-la。hum-hum-hum。pei。so-ha。'' They are all correct. ''Fa-zha'' is ''pei. '' They both mean to eradicate, or to remove.
His image symbolizes:
- vajra of indestructibility
- a mighty king
- a king of the worldly accomplishment
- a liberation king beyond the mundane world
- his overwhelming greed is merely the expedient means to great bliss
- the intrinsic essence of his wrath is great compassion
- his sympathetic joy and impartiality are the expedient means of the buddha nature's wisdom
The subdued four maras are:
- the mara of afflictions - the afflictions of greed, anger, ignorance, etc that hinder the body and mind
- the mara of five aggregates - afflictions caused by form, sensation, cognition, mental formations, and consciousness
- the mara of the death - termination of one's human life
- the mara of Paranirmita-vasavartin - hindrance of one's virtuous deeds and wisdom
- manifestation of multiple illusory bodies
- manifestation bodies filling over the universe
- ability to travel at will to any place
- infinite manifestations and often residing in a pure land
- transformations of earth, water, fire and wind
- attainment of all dharma
- infinite lifespan
- omnipresent as the void itself
- Self protection
- Spiritual yogic union with the principal deity.
Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu was the first Chinese dharma king who transmitted Hevajra sadhana in history! His Hevajra discourse is based on following:
- his insight learned from his own cultivation experiences
- teaching of Guru Sakya Zheng-kong
- Hevajra Root Tantra Texts
- The Scriptural Text of the Ritual of the Great King of the Teaching, the Adamantine One with Great Compassion and Knowledge of the Void
- Sri Hevajra Tantra
- Dacheng Yaodao Miji
!!Please be aware that before engaging in any True Buddha Vajrayana practices, one must first take refuge and receive the respective empowerment.!!
⓪Please check the True Buddha School website regularly for the latest news about Living Buddha Lian-sheng and ''be with Buddha'' always.
Welcome to download the user-friendly True Buddha Video App from the Appstore or Google Play. With the app you can see more of Grandmaster's marvelous videos and live webcasts. It is the speediest vehicle to ''keep you synchronized and be with the Buddha!''
Official True Buddha School Net (TBSN):
Home page: http://tbsn.org/
Indonesia Home Page: http://tbsn.org/indonesia/
Official Facebook Pages:
⓪Welcome fans (Vajra Dharma Protectors) of the Official English True Buddha Facebook site to invite their friends to join the Fan Club. Better yet, click ''Like'' and ''Share.'' Let us together spread the name of Dharma King Living Buddha Lian-sheng to every corner of the world!!