Start by praying for the root lineage blessing: First empty the mind. Next, visualize the True Buddha School lineage: Namo Mahavairocana Tathagata, Namo Buddha Locana, Namo Amitabha Buddha, Namo Padmakumara, Namo Living Buddha Lian-sheng, and the Root Lineage Guru Living Buddha Lian-sheng appearing above your crown and radiating light on everyone present. Chant the Root Lineage Guru Heart Mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Lineage Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious.
Engender the Four Immeasurable Minds: Visualize that your father and all your past fathers are on your right, your mother and all your past mothers are on the left, your enemies are in front of you, your friends and loved ones are behind you, all beings of the six realms are surrounding you, and all join you in this practice.
Wake-Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
- Recite the Purification Mantras and Earth God Mantra
- Recite the Invocation Mantra
Invoke Yeshe Tsogyal along with the Four-directions Dakinis, the Eight- directions Dakinis, the Twenty Celestial Maidens, the 100,000 Dakinis and so forth.
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge Recite “I and all sentient beings, from the mundane state to accomplishment of Buddhahood, take refuge in the perfectly enlightened buddha, the perfect and holy Buddhadharma, and the sangha who cultivate in accordance with Buddhadharma.” I take refuge in the Guru and the Three Jewels. Please bestow blessings.
- Recite the Repentance Verse and Mantra
- Armor Protection
- Recite the Four Immeasurable Vows
- Recite the Bodhicitta Verse and Mantra
“Upon attainment of Buddhahood, I vow to save sentient beings, lead them away from suffering, toward happiness, and to accomplishment of Buddhahood together.”
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra (1 time)
- Recite the Rebirth Mantra (7 times)
- Recite the Root Guru's Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, gu-ru, lian-sheng sid-dhi hum
- Mudra and Visualization
Yeshe Tsogyal Mudra: Make a fist with the right hand and the thumb outside the fist. Place the left palm facing upward under the right hand.
Illustration of mudra:
Red Tibetan seed syllable “hum” or red Sanskrit seed syllable “seh”
Visualization: First empty the mind.
Chant the Emptiness Mantra:
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
- Eight snow lions appear in the space before one, surrounding the throne. Yeshe Tsogyal is sitting within a moon disc in a multi-colored lotus. She is red and has one face and two arms. Her right hand is rocking a damaru. Her left arm embraces a khatvanga while the left hand holds a skull cup filled with nectar. She is in full-lotus position and adorned with bone ornaments. She looks youthful, glorious and radiant.
- From the brow point of the Yeshe Tsogyal, a beam of white light shines onto one's brow point. From the throat of the Yeshe Tsogyal, a beam of red light shines onto one's throat. From the heart of the Yeshe Tsogyal, a beam of blue light shines onto one's heart. The three lights of white, red, and blue merge completely into one's body and mind.
- Merging of self and deity
Yeshe Tsogyal transforms into an orb of red light which enters into one’s heart. 「」“za-hum-ban-huo” is sitting on the lotus in one’s heart. (One first visualizes a 「」“bang” syllable transforming into a red lotus. A white 「」“ah” syllable within the lotus transforms into a moon disc. There are two red triangles within the moon disc.)
Yeshe Tsogyal emits a radiant light from the seed syllable 「」“hum” or 「」“seh”. This light purifies the practitioner's body, speech, and mind. Practitioner transforms into Yeshe Tsogyal.
- Recite Yeshe Tsogyal Mantra (108 times)
“Om, be-zha, ye-she-tsog-yal, beh-ma, hum,”
“Om, be-zha, ye-she-tsog-yal, beh-ma, hum-hum-pei,” or
“Om, be-zha, ye-she-tsog-yal, beh-ma, seh, so-ha.”
Any mantra above is acceptable.
- Mantra Syllable Placement
There is a red 「」“bang” syllable at Yeshe Tsogyal’s navel chakra; a blue 「」“han” syllable at Yeshe Tsogyal’s heart chakra; a white 「」“seh” syllable at Yeshe Tsogyal’s throat chakra; a yellow 「」“seh” syllable at Yeshe Tsogyal’s brow chakra; a green 「」“hum” syllable at Yeshe Tsogyal’s crown chakra; a grey 「」“pei” syllable at each of Yeshe Tsogyal’s four limbs.
- Entering Samadhi
- Emerging from Samadhi
- Recite the Principal Heart Mantras
- Recite the Buddha's Name (3 times)
Namo the 36 trillion 119 thousand and 500 Amitabha Buddhas.
May the merit of this practice be dedicated to the swift attainment of a Dakini. I vow to lead all sentient beings to absolute accomplishment.
- Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra (3 times)
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Recite the Completion Mantra
Om, Bu Lin. (3 times)
Om Mani Padme Hum.
End of Practice: May all endeavors be auspicious.
【Note 1】： The key cultivation formulas of this practice are excerpted from “Yeshe Tsogyal Personal Deity Practice”, Living Buddha Lian-sheng Sheng-yen Lu Book 277 Laughing at Life.
【Note 2】: Yeshe Tsogyal Yoga Practice is a terma from within the brain of Living Buddha Lian-sheng. Yeshe Tsogyal Buddha Mother has a profound connection with Sadaprarudita, Saraswati, Goddess Ganga, and White Tara.
An empowerment must be received from Living Buddha Lian-sheng or an authorized True Buddha School master before engaging in this particular sadhana.