Start by praying for the root lineage blessing: First empty the mind. Next, visualize the Root Lineage Guru Living Buddha Lian-sheng appearing above your crown and radiating light on everyone present. Chant the Root Lineage Guru Heart Mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Lineage Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious.
Engender the Four Immeasurable Minds: Visualize your parents, children, relatives, friends, and enemies joining you in this practice.
Wake-Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
- Recite the Purification Mantras and Earth God Mantra
- Recite the Invocation Mantra
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge
- Armor Protection
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra (1 time).
- Recite the Rebirth Mantra (7 times).
- Recite the Root Guru's Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, gu-ru, lian-sheng sid-dhi hum
- Mudra and Visualization
Amoghapasa Mudras :
- With palms together, interlace thumbs and index fingers outside of palms with right index finger in front of left. Move right thumb into the opening between left thumb and left index finger as shown in Mudra 1.
- Press the palms together. Bend index fingers with the right index finger on top of the left. Interlace thumbs inwards with the right thumb placed over the left as shown in Mudra 2.
- Press the palms together. Bend index fingers with the right index finger over the left index finger. The thumbs of both hands extend upward side by side and press against the forefingers as shown in Mudra 3.
Mudra 1: Mudra 2: Mudra 3:Seed Syllable:
Mo (white in color)
Visualization: First empty the mind
Chant the Emptiness Mantra:
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
- Above an expanse of ocean is a stretch of clear sunny sky. A moon disc rises from the ocean into the sky. Inside the moon disc is the white Tibetan seed syllable「」''mo,'' emitting great white light.
- The seed syllable inside the moon disc revolves and transforms into Amoghapasa. Her white body has three faces and four arms; each face has three eyes. The first right hand holds prayer beads and the second right hand holds a holy water vase. The first left hand holds a lotus flower, while the second left hand holds a lasso.
- From the brow point of Amoghapasa, a beam of white light shines onto one's brow point. From the throat of Amoghapasa, a beam of red light shines onto one's throat. From the heart of Amoghapasa, a beam of blue light shines onto one's heart. The three lights of white, red, and blue merge completely into one's body and mind.
- Recite the Amoghapasa Heart Mantra (108 times):
- Entering Samadhi
- Emerging from Samadhi
- Praise Verse
A Guanyin Bodhisattva with deep vows.
Protects and thinks of sentient beings with great compassion,
Delivering all equally to the Buddha pure land.
- Recite the Principal Heart Mantras
- Recite the Buddha's Name (3 times)
Namo the 36 trillion 119 thousand and 500 Amitabha Buddhas.
- Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra (3 times)
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization (same as step 3)
- Recite the Completion Mantra
Om, Bu Lin. (3 times)
Om Mani Padme Hum.
End of Practice: May all endeavors be auspicious.
Note: Visualization of Amoghapasa entering and unifying with a practitioner: Visualize Amoghapasa transforming into a light point, entering inside the practitioner via the crown, and sitting on the lotus platform of the heart. Then continue to visualize the body of Amoghapasa enlarging gradually until finally becoming the same size as the practitioner (both are tightly integrated, the practitioner is the Amoghapasa and vice versa without any difference.)
An empowerment must be received from Living Buddha Lian-sheng or an authorized True Buddha School master before one engages in this particular sadhana.